I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Thursday, April 15, 2010

THE TREK BACK TO THE LONG AND WINDING FIRST LOVE


On to the first step of my trek to the public school teaching.

It couldn't have been nerve-wracking. It's not the seasoned panel interviewers that roasted me, it's more of the surprise to see my former students as one of the interviewees like I was. Cool, but not quite cool really.

For one, I don't want the hassles of answering pesky questions why I left my former promising job. I do not feel comfortable sharing much of my life to others in such a manner. I feel each story is meant for a certain audience. And mine, at least the latest story unfolding, is not for their casual consumption.

Besides, I know it surprised them to see their college teacher joining the fray to the public high school teaching--not exactly what they thought of me. I probably must have lingered on fixing what I really want. In fact my journey for them is perhaps a bit backward.

But no matter what, wherever the tug pulls, it is time. Tomorrow is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment