I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Saturday, April 17, 2010

BAGGAGE




Every wife has a burden that drags her to the pits once in a while. It is called the husband baggage. Every woman in the house gets this aching awareness and she only has prayer as her place of refuge. Whatever this little safe house gives her is enough to keep her wading through this slimy drag and out of it eventually.

Mine is no easy job. It often bleeds. Other wives may nurture some wounds due to their philandering men or vicious activities that rob them and their children of their men. As for me, it's about my man's principles, ultimately it is his habit of harboring resentment of some invincible people that rob him of us.

He seems to echo what Edmund in Count of Monte Cristo says, "I have lost everything, would you also rob me of my hate?"

As for now, I let him be. Gradually, my faith is shaken. I'm afraid of my daughter who is still developing her love for the church. And yet, I only have prayer and Him upstairs, hoping these are enough to keep us above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment