I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Friday, March 19, 2010

MEN



Men, so they say, are without question regarded as the privileged human species. Sometimes I'd like to think it is their physical capabilities. At times, it's because Zeus and the "man" upstairs are generally construed as "male." Maybe.

But something about men is so vulnerable. Something that a wife must consider. Such that a woman must jump up and down, for at some point this could really come in handy.

As to what this is, I'd rather refer to it as the women's edge.

It's what Waller calls "that basic way, the old ways." A woman can remove her knee-high boots and just right there, someone of the male species not too far away is won. Not that this is a contest, but this is a commodity that is probably given to women at such a good bargain price.

All right, as for me. I consider it sacred, too sacred I am wary of using it anytime. I know it's just right there. But I want to keep it as mine and touch the surface of its possibilities at the right woman moments.

You see, my husband's vulnerability may not be foreign to me. In fact, I can smell it at a thousand-meter distance or so. Much as I treasure it, I also love my husband so much, I am putting it on the reserve shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment