I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A STAUNCH GRIP




I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.




If songs with a tinge of sad melody would qualify for a wedding song, the old Gospel song of faith above should top my list of wedding songs three years back. This would have sent my sponsors with doctoral degrees in their crisp barong and gowns perouetting to the altar (such reminds me of the youtube episode of maids of honors and sponsors dancing out of whack to the music while going to the altar with groom and bride strutting their litheness in front of the minister). Or so I thought. Such innovation, I mean, such bizaare choice of song might send their eyebrows to Neverland.

A wedding is a wedding. So as they say, the dainty look of the bride and her hordes of flowers in the church will be forever remembered by her generation and the next. But see, shouldn't such song be logically fitting to how a wife and husband should see a third-world future together? For all they know, they will not only need to hang on to each other's hand but a staunch, solid grip together on the Savior's hand most importantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment