I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FINALLY A GRADUATION SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT IN AN UPSIDE-DOWN WEEK SCHEDULE




Here goes, after a long hiatus, my stomach, once again, has become replete with knots and butterflies. Today, I knew I would get all the jitters. And I did seconds before I went up on stage, and onto that pulpit. It felt like I flew there with almost a hundred pairs of flaming eyes were on me. I knew ears would not be quite patient to a graduation inspirational message that I, a rusty speaker, was about to deliver.

Well, there were about 50 preschool children with most likely 50-second short attention span. But I was more concerned with the parents. On a graduation day, it is always a drag to listen to graduation speakers. But I guess, far from a magnificent stunt, I did what I had planned to do. It was more like a modest delivery, I must say, but I only had one prayer--at least one parent to successfully absorb God's word, and I would be happy. As to who, it's God's job.

The experience was exhilarating, to say the least. The week was loaded with a lot of surprises and a lot of school papers piling up. But it went well--the speaking engagement, which almost did not push through and the test papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment