I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Monday, March 29, 2010

ONE STUNT DONE


Finally, some courage crept out of my weakling of a soul.

I strained to read the contortions and saw the familiar twitches of my superior's face. Resigning from work does not always come easy to me. It always feels like skin and a portion of your bones are peeling off from you. It was the longest five minutes. I am not really comfortable facing my bosses at any circumstance. But at that moment, I knew I had to say it. A decision more often than not comes with a tag price. And if faith is to be tested, one has to plunge heads down not caring how hard the crash would be or whether the concussion would prove lethal to see the light of day.

But after that air-thickening moment, I knew I did the right thing and ahhhh, at the right moment. Such timing it is today.
Strangely, after this, I feel relieved.

Ironic. Practically, I have nowhere to go, no clue as to where exactly will I earn my next payroll or when. But such is a child of faith. That's what I would like myself to become. And for whatever my resignation from this present work brings me, I am laying all my cards down. Flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment