I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LONGFELLOW DAY



The day is cold, dark, and dreary, so Longfellow had said. And today is the day. As disgusting as the day already is, my whole being seemed resigned first thing in the morning to let the day roll without giving a fight for some sun.

It is as though I am being bullied by this nagging cold war we are having today. Such a pain in the ass. But two days ago, we have settled one problem and that night was capped with dizzying round of tactile amorous activities minus the usual hushed remonstrances.

Today, not only that the same old man-and-wife wrangling has resurfaced, I can sense that this has almost reached to the point of metastasis. This old stuff is excruciating to rewind that saying sorry sometimes just becomes an empty routine that fails to poke the right spot.

I can't stand it when he bores deep into me with his piercing look of rage that gets me to absorb the same amount of annoyance that the look emits. It's just too exasperating. As always, talking him out of it at the moment is impossible. Far from usual, I left him without saying goodbye. I really could not bring myself to cool him down or to play the mush a wife normally resort to in a fix like this. For one, I do not feel physically well. Second, I hate it when this gets in the way of our very busy work day. Third, today, unlike two days ago, he was just plain pathetic. Yeah, men can be quite childish at times. When they don't get what they think they deserve to get, they just go senseless and silly.

Tonight could well be an extension of this cold war. Or perhaps, if the rain does not drop as expected, all might just be well. Might, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment