I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Saturday, August 27, 2011

THAT HAIR CLIP AGAIN!


The other day, my toddler noticed her yellow hair clip on the floor. It must have fallen from my purse. She picked it up, raised it up along with a barrage of questions only her simple vocabulary can afford.

"This is offering. Mommy, this is offering! My offering! Mine! Why, Mommy, why here? Why, my offering here now?"

I would like to assume that what this little creature would have wanted to enunciate was what was her yellow hair clip doing in our house floor when she already gave that away as her offering last Sunday in Sunday School.

Twice last week, she cornered me on different occasions with the same jarring question why she still finds the hair clip at home when it was her offering to Jesus. I didn't know what to make of this instance, neither do I know how to put my explanations into words that would put things in proper perspective a toddler could understand. Well, of course, I can not in any way, underestimate what these little wonders are capable of. But I am lost for words. I find myself inadequate for the first time in front of a toddler, no less. How could I tell her, that what is expected was money? And that her clip was redeemed by her unbelieving mommy. How slow of me to comprehend simple things like these!

I should have understood one thing sooner--that in this old stupid world, children actually exceed the concept and measures this culture tries to put up for how long, goodness knows, of what a two-year-old is really made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment