I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Monday, August 22, 2011

A MAGNIFICAT IN THE PROSPECT?


The day is Tuesday, 2:40 PM.

Today, I have confirmed that Shekinah has this little gift.

I was a bit hesitant to pronounce she has it. But now I am quite convinced of its certainty right at this minute.

About 3 hours back, at around 11:00 in the morning, I decided to go home for lunch from work without telling my husband about it, sort of, well, more of a surprise.

I usually eat lunch in the office. I normally bring a packed lunch to work. But today, at that very hour, I suddenly thought of Kiny, my two-year-old, and without even meaning to or planning it ahead, I grabbed my packed lunch and headed home, which is about 3-5 minute jeepney or tricycle ride. I waited for the tricycle for quite like more than 10 minutes, so I got home at about 11:45.

When I got there, my husband got the surprise of his life. He finally asked while we're eating meatballs together with our baby as to what time I decided to come home. Curious about the phrasing of his question, I asked when did he become so specific about details of time. But without planning to spill the beans so soon, he prodded me on. I finally relented and told him I left at 11:26 (since that's what I saw in the office clock) when I sped away.

"Really? You see, Kiny, out of the blue, about twenty or thirty minutes ago (about the exact time I left the office) blurted out in the middle of her play, 'Mommy is coming' word for word! And we were not even talking about you."


Now that really jarred me. As always, when Kiny says things like this, I pretend to ignore, but it never failed to stun me. More so this time. I am stupefied at the confirmation of what seemed to be a mother's hunch.

Of course, one can always suggest this to be a case of pure random guess on the part of my daughter. But it's kind of eerie to have instances like this. And this time, it's getting even more usual and evident. And each time she gets to be like this, it never fails to poke me in strange ways and places. I do have this weird gut-feel. This must be what I referred to in my previous write-up about a year ago that there was something about Shekinah.

I used to feel some kind of a "scare" dwelling somewhere in my gut when I first noticed this in Kiny. But right now, as I said days back, I choose to let go. I am now more overwhelmed rather than skeptical. If this is indeed meant to continue for a higher purpose then I am honored as how Mary felt when she sang "The Magnificat."

However, I still see it quite premature to say anything final. Who knows, this might just be a forgotten phenomenon in days to come. What matters now is that she is in good mighty hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment