I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Sunday, August 14, 2011

BEYOND ME



There are things that are way, way beyond the human mind. But I look at these things from afar. These are things I'd rather keep in periphery. There are bigger things. Higher things.

As of late, I discover not only in one instance, but in several cases what I already noticed way back in college. Through an incidental mental exercise, my psychology professor confirmed that I had (had, because that's what I prefer)positive signs of this little thing they call precognition. Precognition is from the Latin word "praecognito" which means prior or previous knowledge. It is the obtaining of knowledge or a vision about an event before it occurs. Now, I supposed this is too inconsequential to talk about as I tried the hardest not to mind or entertain thoughts about what I could be capable of. But lately, my two-year-old daughter has shown me some apparent signs of the same gift or thing (whatever you call it). Not that it bothers me much, but it makes me wonder and therefore, curious for her sake.

I'd rather not enumerate all the weird scenarios that brought this into mind.I have tried to do research about instances like this. But researching on things that may just be way off our finite mind is a darkened territory only the Higher being sees.

Again, I tried to ignore the signs. But if I have to mention one instance that really grabbed me by the throat, I'd say,it's the movie "The Rite" where Anthony Hopkins played as the priest who exorcises but gets possessed later in the movie. I and my husband got curious about the video that because of boredom we plunged into it hoping to while our early evening away.

My daughter was busy with her coloring book and other toys and it was obvious that she wasn't listening nor watching the movie when all of a sudden she said "I'm scared." And in that instance, one character in the movie who was narrating his horrifying story in a phone scene, said the same line after a second my Kiny said such line. That stunned me. I didn't know how to react. But while she said that line her face looked scared. I was sure she had no idea what the movie was all about. Of course she speaks English but the movie was far too serious for her age.

Okay, I'd rather take it as pure coincidence, you might say. That's what I'm set to do. But then again, my baby, suddenly, blurted out my student's name out of the blue one night when I got home from work. I dismissed it as one of her nothing-much-to-say moments but random names. That morning of that day, I transferred to one of the city schools in Cebu leaving my previous students of the other school. The next day, the student with the same difficult name to utter for a 2-year-old texted me she was crying the whole night for one problem that she thought of no one but me. Right there, after reading it, I remembered Kiny half-shouting my female student's name out of the blue. Of course, another coincidence. I'm dead set on that decision. But there are more "coincidences" I choose not to spill here that do not fail to arrest me.

But for whatever purpose God intends for these little moments my daughter is going through, we are always at his disposal. He knows and shapes her life not her mother nor this world. Thus, I set to rest in his peace, come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment