I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Thursday, August 25, 2011

AFTERNOON DEEEEELIGHT!




Rainy afternoons give me opportunities to listen to my lazy bones. The city on the other hand, with all the recent calamities flogging the metro, is not in any way welcoming the routinary afternoon downpour.Regardless of the drainage irregularities in the city which cause the usual flood, I look forward to the cold nostalgic afternoons.

Now that I work in the city where there is not much cold breeze around, I snuggle to my jacket or to my small office table pillow and come home to oblivion every time the afternoon barges in with the usual rain. And to my pure pleasure,I either sleep or better yet empty my system in a momentary rest.

While the others in the office, in their free afternoon hours,prefer to chat, I enjoy keeping quiet and distant. To me, it's my refueling time. It's me-and-my-God time. And the rain with its relentless pouring is perfect to set the mood that would transport me from this toxin-infested world to a domain of silence somewhere I alone travel in delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment