I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE PROBLEM WITH WAITING



There are moments in the middle of my idle hours that I snatch a look at my nails and think how they could use a trip to a salon or something and have some much-needed polish just like in the good old days. It has been quite a while really. Our neighbor used to come once a week to give us this service. These days though, life is standing frozen still. The waiting for a career in tow has immobilized all the normal goings on in a woman's life. Not that I missed those times where things like nail polish and a hair care are there in a jiffy and at whatever cost.

It has been as dry as the Sahara desert these days.The supply has run out. The faith barn house has almost run out of hay. This waiting anxiety is sapping everyone's energy in the family. I don't mind if this nail in my grubby ring finger is getting brittle and chipped off every toxic second.

I'm almost tempted to think that it was not a leap of faith that I took when I quit a good-paying job for one post that I have been asking from the man above while lying there almost prostrate to the floor one night not so long ago. Since then, everything has been going crazy. My husband had to take a few days off from work as work shipment supplies have chosen a good time to delay in coming to Cebu. Add to this pile of code-reds the enlargement of the heart diagnosis of my mother by her doctor which might stop her small business that has kept everyone's heads above water for a great number of years now. And of course, here comes my brother who seems to make it a signature move at work in every company he is in to find conflicts or some commotions of that sort with office mates, which makes him in the end quit one company work after another.

So what does the jobless eldest sibling with a baby about to starve, a jobless husband plus a chipped nail to boot has got to do? Well, I can use these blank days to stare at walls and yes, wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment