I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Sunday, May 16, 2010

AHH, CHILDREN AND THEIR VICES

Three days back, I would have devoured my nine-year-old niece for the vile and malicious intent I saw in her eyes matched with her not-so-dainty crafty moves on people whom she could get financial leverage. I almost forgot she is barely ten years old. But her ulterior motives led to many instances of lost money and thousands of lies. I have become pregnant with the anger of the three Greek Furies. I feel punishment is inevitable.

Our cousin who came by from Canada was flabbergasted with the interview questions she had to face squarely coming from the mouth of this babe. Questions like "how much is your jewelry and stuff" and "you must have good money" comments here and there. It's quite embarrassing really.

I can with my bare hands strangle her to oblivion. I know what she was up to. I even caught her red handed rummaging money and grabbing bills from the store one sunny morning. But I didn't confront her. This cannot be tolerated. One day, she'll see hell spewing from my mouth. And that one day maybe sooner than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment