I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

STROLLING ALONG CHRISTMAS BOULEVARD IN FLIPFLOPS




Why is Christmas so essentially busy and money-wasting? Why can't Christmas time be plain and quiet? And can't Christmas lights stay as they are throughout the year to keep my daughter's sense of wonder alive in the absence of partying and dressing up?

Wearing flip-flops, strolling sleepy streets, and sipping black coffee with my man and kid (well, the kid gets her chocolait or anything of that sort) would just be one heavenly Christmas break. All these hullabaloo and freaking out in malls to catch mark-down items to wrap and send to recipients who always seem to wish something else for their gifts are so numbing to senses and pandemonic. After all these anxiety what is actually left is the wallet's precarious state and arthritis all over. All for nothing.

And yet, no matter how I know all these things that I mentioned above, I still willingly succumb to the same stress-inducing activities. For what? For the heck of hoping to find what makes other people's Christmas merrier. That in all stressful time, you will see some hint of a smile in your loved ones' faces. Even if finding that special something often exceeds your patience meter, you still go through it. Just that, and Christmas becomes more than wearing flip-flops strolling hand in hand with my little kid and hubby in a quiet sleepy boulevard sprinkled with blinking lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment