I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Saturday, December 31, 2011

HERE'S A LOWLY STEWARD INVENTORY



Hah, just what is it with the coming of each new year!? Whether it's superstition or simply the fear of the future that besets us with so much concern I don't know.But I found myself clearing our old closet from the overstaying outdated clothes that would look fine with Santa and his elves in the 1800s. I wrestled with emptying our soiled clothes baskets and have them dry before the clock strikes 12. Personally, there's not much pressure about putting our best foot forward for the beginning of the year and throwing off the bad habits we have incurred in the last 365 days or so. To enumerate them would be taxing. So I'm practically reliving myself from that hassle. I only want a cleaner house and well-kept bedroom and kitchen before I set off for work this week.



What I look forward though is renewing our vow as a family in prayer and Scripture reading and starting it right at the onset of the year 2012. I know there would be some hits and misses. But I'd rather do what I am set to do as long as we can. It will be better this year. Our family Bible get-together in the last few months of 2011 proved to be a major cohesion factor for me and Jom. Hence, this year, we are making a little promise to ourselves with the Omnipotence's grace to keep us intact and be within His radar, so to speak.

For the last few months, I discovered I have yet to grow when it comes to being a wife especially in the department of listening and patience. There's so much to improve when it comes to suspending the going off  of the fuse in the issue of man and woman differences. Man, I have a lot of growing up to do.

Another, perhaps, is handling of time and opportunities. I realized almost far too late, that time in essence is a gift and has to be taken care off like I would my monthly salary. In fact, a bit more crucial than money. The year has been a blessing but it would have been more of a blast if I have made use of time to its fullest--time with my Kiny and my Jomarie, time with the most cherished friends, and most of all time with my God in prayer and ministry. Ministry, specifically, music ministry and counseling--I miss doing these. The returns are endless. The returns are good to the skin and heart. They do wonders in bringing back the youth to my tired muscles.

Well, call it superstition. I call it a yearly steward inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment