I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Sunday, December 4, 2011

MOOD SWINGS ON DECEMBER


As December swings so does my mood. I'm not quite ready for it so it seems. I got bills to pay before the close of the year and a pile or two of paper works.In fact it feels like arid summer. I'm sweating all the time, literally. Just last Friday, I had to rush to 3 places to deliver communications to bigwigs for the institution's big event next week. And I barely had time to catch my breath. I had to freshen up to get ready for a hosting stint of a meeting and program set for the JS prom and family day. And yet, in all these things, I had to smile--big one toothy smile. So that when I came home I unexpectedly took it all to my daughter and hubby, stress and all!

All guarded horses broke loose. And my poor husband had to take matters into his hands. I say, humans when tested sometimes win, but at times he has to admit that he has yet to earn the badge of resilience in moments of stress. And man, it is never easy to come off unscathed. Today, we finally made a peace treaty, hoping it would ease the tension. And with God's help, we headed to church with the baggage gone.

Yep, it feels like summer all right. The heat is burning. But thank God, it's December after all, my favorite love month of the year. And He, above all, could douse any burning situation with the cool that can only come from him. I love my family and not even work which I so love could match that, whether it's December or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment