I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A CONVERSATION WITH JOHN LENNON


Tell me, Johnny,
Where does your solitude reside?
Is it nestled in the breeze
That frequents in the corners
Where your strings
Whipped the air
For the undead?
Or does it lie in
The hollows and in-betweens
Of the unsung pieces
That lay breathing
Underneath your casket
Somewhere in the wild?

Where can I flee
To catch its limbs?
Will it send me
The hush that froze
The day when they snuffed out
Your tune?
Can it snatch me from
This tumult that gapes
And grows mutely
In the random dins
Here below?

Just where is home, Johnny?
Where is solitude?
Did you banish it
Into the world
That stood there
Limply
And watch you go
Swiftly
Into the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment