I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness-- Jeremiah 3:3

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

COLORS IN KINY'S EYES



I tried so hard to blink back the tears that are now quite pesky, wanting to make themselves known to the public. Ahh, the jump in the heart that only a daughter could give. It makes me go cheesy over any trivial matters that would link to my tiny angel.

Two days back, turning 1 year and 14 weeks, Kiny has identified at least three colors after having studied her Brainy Baby video for 2 weeks now. At this rate, being a one-year old tot, such is a big pleasant achievement. And for a proud mommy in me, milestones like this is sweeter than a thousand Cum Laude medals I didn't expect in my college graduation day. Flabbergasted, I couldn't believe my ears. But my brother who stayed with her practically every minute of the eight hours I'm away for work, announced it to me when I came home.

With this, I feel more obliged to watch her and see to it she gets the right education--one that is Biblically sound and humane.

I do not trust the media these days. It remains a strong and powerful foe to the parents when it comes to leading their kids to appropriate education. It's tougher to be a parent these days let alone working in a third world society. It's not enough to be vigilant. It's a warrior's cry for a mother to protect the young world of her toddler. TV has conquered homes including ours at a rate that any technology creation has yet to achieve. It has made loots out of the once promising brains and geniuses among children and, come to think of it, even grown-ups! Haven't we noticed, one seldom hears of any Albert Einsteins or Beethovens in the news these days? My guess, you find these guys in front of the boob tube or in computer junctions or what have you.

The world is not safe, yes. But amidst all these noises and technological lures,I still believe there's a powerful Father upstairs who enables all the mothers and fathers to fend and shelter the young ones who shall build a better world, hopefully, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment